The Commonwealth Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (DCCEEW)
COMMONWEALTH DEPARTMENT OF CLIMATE CHANGE, ENERGY, THE ENVIRONMENT AND WATER
The Australian Government Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water (the Department) supports the growth of the Australian hydrogen industry, including through the delivery of actions outlined in the National Hydrogen Strategy.
The Strategy, which was endorsed by all Australian governments established a vision for an Australian hydrogen industry that emerges as a major global player by 2030. The Department works with all States and Territories, industry, and international partners to fulfil this vision.
Focus areas include:
- Funding the establishment of hydrogen hubs
- Development of an internationally aligned guarantee of origin scheme
- National coordination between governments including delivery of joint projects
- Development of international partnerships and collaborations
- The national hydrogen infrastructure assessment
- A regulatory review
- Community engagement and education projects
Further information on the activities being undertaken by the Department in support of Strategy priorities and their delivery can be found here.
Review date: November 2022