There are innumerable market players involved across the hydrogen industry value chain in Australia (and New Zealand).
Many individual companies and institutions involved in hydrogen-related research, development and deployment activities can be found in the information displayed under the Projects tab.
There are a number of key organisations with a national (and international) perspective – e.g. industry and related associations, collaborative research and standards bodies, government and related entities – involved in hydrogen research, development and deployment activities. These include:
Government and Related Entities
- Teams supporting implementation of the National Hydrogen Strategy such as the Hydrogen Project Team and the Commonwealth Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER)
- Major funding bodies such as the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) and the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC)
- Pre-eminent scientific/research organisations with considerable hydrogen-related activities such as the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and Geoscience Australia
- Austrade with its focus on industry promotion and investment attraction
Industry and Collaborative Organisations
- Peak hydrogen industry bodies such as (in Australia) the Australian Hydrogen Council and (in New Zealand) the New Zealand Hydrogen Association
- Significant industry associations, such as the Australian Pipelines and Gas Association and Energy Networks Australia, that are providing financial and other support for hydrogen-related R&D activities and whose members are involved in actual project deployment (and related activities)
- Cooperative Research Centres with significant hydrogen-related research programs such as the Future Fuels CRC and the Future Energy Exports CRC
- NERA – National Energy Resources Australia (focus on developing hydrogen industry clusters), Standards Australia (focus on developing standards for hydrogen use), and the Smart Energy Council (Hydrogen Division – focus on industry promotion through knowledge sharing tools).