Moving a normal licence to a different PC
This is for a normal licence. A dongle-locked licence can’t be moved in this way.
You can do this all yourself, without the support of a customer service operator.
There is no limit to the number of times that you can move a TSG 8 licence, and there is no limit to the number of different PCs involved – only that just one PC can have the licence at any one time, of course.
- On the first PC, run TSG and select Help -> Licence from the menu-bar to bring up the licence dialog.
- Click Deactivate (for moving).
· TSG closes and becomes unlicensed on the first PC. The licence is checked back to the server.
- If necessary, install TSG on the second PC. (This only needs to be done once.)
- On the second PC, run TSG and (if necessary) select the menu Help -> Licence to bring up the licence dialog.
- Click Activate a purchase, then (in the next dialog) enter your licence ID and activation password and click Activate.
· The second PC now has the licence, including any TSG-Core time on it.