Publications generated from the PMCP have been divided into the theme areas:
Coral reef health
- Clarke H, D’Olivo JP, Falter J, Zinke J, Lowe R, McCulloch M (2017) Differential response of corals to regional mass‐warming events as evident from skeletal Sr/Ca and Mg/Ca ratios. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 18:1794-1809. doi.org/10.1002/2016GC006788
- Doropoulos C, Evensen NR, Gómez-Lemos LA, Babcock RC (2017) Density-dependent coral recruitment displays divergent responses during distinct early life-history stages. Royal Society Open Science 4: 170082. doi.org/10.1098/rsos.170082
- Doropoulos C, Gómez-Lemos LA, Babcock RC (2018) Exploring variable patterns of density-dependent larval settlement among corals with distinct and shared functional traits. Coral Reefs 37: 25. doi.org/10.1007/s00338-017-1629-y
- Lozano-Montes HM, Keesing JK, Grol MG, Haywood MDE, Vanderklift MA, Babcock RC, Bancroft K (2017) Limited effects of an extreme flood event on corals at Ningaloo Reef. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 191: 234-238. doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2017.04.007
Fish and shark populations
- Bennett K, Wilson S, Shedrawi G, McLean D, Langlois T (2016) Can diver operated stereo-video surveys for fish be used to collect meaningful data on benthic coral reef communities? Limnology and Oceanography: Methods 14(12):874-885.
- Collins DL, Langlois TJ, Bond T, Holmes TH, Harvey ES, Fisher R, McLean DL (2016) A novel stereo-video method to investigate fish-habitat relationships. Methods in Ecology and Evolution 8:116-125. doi.org/10.1111/2041-210X.12650
- McLean DL, Langlois TJ, Newman SJ, Holmes TH, Birt MJ, Bornt KR, Bond T, Collins DL, Evans SN, Travers MJ, Wakefield CB, Babcock RC, Fisher R (2016) Distribution, abundance, diversity and habitat associations of fishes across a bioregion experiencing rapid coastal development. Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 178:36-47. doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2016.05.026
- Mitchell JD, McLean DL, Collin SP, Taylor S, Jackson G, Fisher R, Langlois TJ (2018) Quantifying shark depredation in a recreational fishery in the Ningaloo Marine Park and Exmouth Gulf, Western Australia. Marine Ecology Progress Series 587:141-157.
- Moustaka M, Langlois T, McLean D, Bond T, Fisher R, Fearns R, Dorji P, Evans R (2018) The effects of suspended sediment on coral reef fish assemblages and feeding guilds of north-west Australia. Coral Reefs 2018. doi.org/10.1007/s00338-018-1690-1
- 9 June 2017 – Parks and Wildlife Presentation – Fish and Sharks – Di Mclean and Tim Langlois – presentation & audio only
- Feng M, Colberg F, Slawinski D, Berry O & Babcock R (2016) Ocean circulation drives heterogeneous recruitments and connectivity among coral populations on the North West Shelf of Australia. Journal of Marine Systems 164:1‑12. doi.org/10.1016/j.jmarsys.2016.08.001
- Xu J, Lowe RJ, Ivey GN, Jones NL, Zhang Z (2016) Ocean transport pathways to a World Heritage fringing coral reef: Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia. PLoS ONE 11(1):e0145822. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0145822.
- Xu J, Lowe RJ, Ivey GN, Jones NL, Zhang Z (2018) Contrasting heat budget dynamics during two La Niña marine heat wave events along northwestern Australia. Journal of Geophysical Research – Oceans 123:1563-1581. http://doi.org/10.1002/2017JC013426
- Zhang N, Feng M, Du Y, Lan J, Wijffels SE (2016) Seasonal and interannual variations of mixed layer salinity in the southeast tropical Indian Ocean. Journal of Geophysical Research – Oceans 121:4716–4731. doi.org/10.1002/2016JC011854
- Zinke J, Hoell A, Lough JM, Feng M, Kuret AJ, Clarke H, Ricca V, Rankenburg K, McCulloch MT (2015) Coral record of southeast Indian Ocean marine heat waves with intensified Western Pacific temperature gradient. Nature Communications 6:8562 doi.org/10.1038/ncomms9562
- 29th June 2017 – Parks and Wildlife Presentation – Environmental drivers – Ryan Lowe and Fabio Boschetti – presentation
General PMCP information
Theme two-page summaries:
- Coral reef health
- Fish and sharks
- Environmental pressures