NovaSAR-1 data can be accessed using two methods:
- Archive data access via the NovaSAR-1 National Facility Data Hub (currently under development – expected Q2 2021). The NovaSAR-1 National Facility Data Hub will display all the NovaSAR-1 acquisitions to date and are provided to the public with no proprietary period so that research can be carried out in a timely manner.
- New tasking requests over a specific area of interest (AOI) via OPAL
OPAL Data requests
Data requests will be managed by the CCEO using the NovaSAR-1 Online Proposal Applications & Links (OPAL). OPAL proposals require four components:
- A cover sheet summarising the proposed use of the data and the researchers involved.
- An acquisitions table that contains specific imaging requirements such as mode and polarisation.
- A proposal justification with more detail on the project and expected outcomes (PDF format).
- An Area of Interest (AOI) file in shp/kml/kmz format.
Once proposals are submitted, they will be reviewed by a team who will check the feasibility and rank them based on scientific merit and priority areas of interest/applications. Other international partners in NovaSAR-1 will take priority over their own regions, so we are less likely to be able to accommodate requests for imagery over the UK, Philippines and India as a result.
Note: Where data is required more urgently than the OPAL system will allow, such as for emergency response, please contact the team here.
For more information view the NovaSAR-1 OPAL user guide.