The Centre’s core team
The core team is spread across several of our national offices. Over 80 CSIRO scientists, engineers and researchers around the country also make important contributions to the work of the Centre.
- Alex is one of Australia’s leading Earth Observation experts and the Director of the CSIRO Centre for Earth Observation. Alex also leads the AquaWatch Australia Mission which aims to establish an integrated ground-to-space national water quality monitoring system and support growth across Australia’s high-tech space sector.
- Amy is an up- and down-stream Earth Observation (EO) specialist with ten years of experience spanning satellite operations, EO data management and EO applications research and development. She led the establishment of our NovaSAR-1 Facility and is part of the AquaWatch Australia mission team. Amy also leads several of our international Earth observation projects.
- Drawing on her 12-year experience in international development and project management, Flora leads the Centre’s international engagement. The role focuses on initiating and fostering partnerships across the globe and supporting national EO inter-Agency coordination. She also leads our international stakeholder engagement for the AquaWatch Australia mission, fostering strategic opportunities to build up our capabilities in water quality monitoring.
- AddressAdelaide South Australia Australia
- Rowena has over 30 years of extensive experience working in science and education institutions including working directly with governmental departments and organisations advising on development, implementation and measurement on strategic directions. Rowena’s qualifications from the University of Canberra are in administration and project management. Rowena is also responsible for national coordination of the recently implemented AquaWatch Mission.
- Laura manages CSIRO’s requirements for satellite tasking, downlink and data distribution for CSIRO’s 10% capacity share in the NovaSAR-1 satellite. She is also involved in establishing the operations for CSIROSat-1. Laura has 8 years experience in the European satellite industry, having previously worked for DMC International Imaging Ltd (originally a subsidiary of SSTL, the UK manufacturer and operator of NovaSAR-1), and Airbus Defence & Space.
- Robert brings nearly two decades of visualisation, spatial information systems and analytics experience to the team. He leads a portfolio of activities applying his expertise to Earth observation, including the Earth Analytics Science and Innovation (EASI) Hub.