Darwin Clean Hydrogen Hub – Market Development Study (New Project added June 2023)
Darwin Clean Hydrogen Hub – Market Development Study
The project proponents are undertaking a joint study into the growth potential of a clean hydrogen market in Darwin, northern Australia.
INPEX (Study Lead), Santos
|Main end-use classification:
Under development – market development study
~AUD$3 million – market development study
CSIRO, Xodus – data, modelling and analysis
Northern Territory, Australia
AUD$1 million – Australian Government Regional Hydrogen Hubs Program – Design and Development funding stream
The project proponents are undertaking a joint study into opportunities for the provision of domestic and international hydrogen supply chains. The joint study series of programs is anticipated to take 18 months with a focus on:
- Market demand for hydrogen and its derivatives (e.g., methanol and ammonia) as fuel in transport and power generation, and feedstock for chemicals
- Renewable energy sites and infrastructure for water electrolysis to produce and deliver hydrogen and its derivatives to market
- Hydrogen production from natural gas and carbon capture and storage capacity requirements
- Bulk and distributed storage requirements
- Domestic and international hydrogen supply chains
The joint study program is estimated to cost approximately AUD$3 million, with INPEX and Santos each providing approximately AUD$1million. The joint study program is also recipient of a AUD$1 million grant through the Australian Government’s Regional Hydrogen Hubs Program (Design and Development funding stream).
This description has been reviewed by a project proponent.
Uploaded: June 2023