Nutrition & Production Systems
Dr Artur Rombenso
- Ph.D. in Aquaculture Nutrition. Major interests range from nutrition (aquatic and terrestrial animals, nutrient requirements, metabolism, feed formulation, novel ingredients and extrusion technology) to aquaculture (mariculture and novel production systems). Driven by advancing the current knowledge in finfish and prawn nutrition and contributing to global food security.
- LinkedIn™ twitter™
- Primary Emailartur.email@example.com
Dr Ha Truong
- Interest lies in the digestion dynamics of nutrients where broiler chickens were the principle model. As part of the Aquaculture team at CSIRO, Ha is applying similar concepts to aquaculture species to better understand nutrient utilisation of bioactive ingredients.
- LinkedIn™ twitter™
- Primary Emailha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Mauricio Gustavo Coelho Emerenciano
- Animal Scientist with M.S. in Aquaculture and Ph.D. in Marine Science (honors). Former researcher/professor at Santa Catarina State University (UDESC) and in 2018 joined CSIRO supporting aquaculture projects in Australia and Vietnam. Specialist on biofloc technology system (BFT) and his expertise has taken him to work in over 12 countries in Asia, Europe, Oceania, North, Central and South America. Passionate about deliver solutions to aquaculture industry through high quality science.
- Primary Emailmauricio.email@example.com
Dr Tung Hoang
- PhD in Marine Biology, 25 years of experience in aquaculture R&D with strong focus on shrimp farming, hatchery production of new species, water quality management and biofloc technology. Highly interested in innovative methods to improve aquaculture productivity and production efficiency.
- Primary Emailtung.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Paula Lima
- Originally from Brazil, Paula is an oceanographer with M.S. in Aquaculture and Ph.D. in Molecular Biology. Her main research focus is aquatic animal health, more specifically microbiology and investigating the mechanisms behind host -pathogen interactions. Paula is also passionate about inclusive workplace initiatives and acts as the program Inclusion and Diversity Leader.
- Primary Emailpaula.email@example.com
Dr Omar Mendoza-Porras
- PhD in Mass Spectrometry and Proteomics. Omar’s research evaluates the effect of different feed formulations on growth, immunity, and survival of commercially important aquaculture species. Omar is passionate about developing novel molecular workflows to improve animal health and production in the Australian aquaculture industry.
- Primary Emailomar.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor of Applied Sciences in Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry. Interests in instrumental chemistry with analytical experience in environmental, wastewater, geo-chemical and industrial process control. Passionate about applying near-infrared technology to aquaculture research.
- Primary Emailnicholas.email@example.com