Ningaloo Outlook Symposium Outputs
Since the project commenced, two Ningaloo Outlook Symposium’s have been held in Perth. The purpose of these events are to bring together interested persons from BHP and CSIRO, conservation and natural resource managers, industry and the scientific community to present research findings from the Ningaloo Outlook partnership in an open and inclusive forum.
Presentations from these events can be accessed below:
If you would like to attend the fourth symposium scheduled for March 2019, please register your interest to email@example.com
For a full listing of presentations given by the Ningaloo Outlook Team at International or National Conferences, click here.
- Cresswell AK, Tildesley PC & Cresswell GR (2019) Synthetic Aperture Radar scenes of the North West Shelf, Western Australia, suggest this is an underutilised method to remotely study mass coral spawning. Journal of the Royal Society of Western Australia, 102: 45–51. In press.
- Cresswell AK, Langlois TJ, Wilson SK, Claudet J, Thomson DP, Renton M, Fulton CJ, Fisher R, Vanderklift MA, Babcock RC, Stuart-Smith RD, Haywood MDE, Depczynski M, Westera Ml, Ayling AM, Fitzpatrick B, Halford AR, McLean DL, Pillans RD, Cheal AJ, Tinkler P, Edgar GJ, Graham NA, Harvey ES, Holmes TH (2019) Disentangling the response of fishes to recreational fishing over 30 years within a fringing coral reef reserve network. Biological Conservation. 237 (2019) 514-524. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biocon.2019.06.023
- Turner JA, Babcock R, Kendrick GA, Hovey R (2019) How does spatial resolution affect model performance? A case for ensemble approaches for marine benthic mesophotic communities. Journal of Biogeography. Vol 46 Issue 6 (1249-1259). https://doi.org/10.1111/jbi.13581
- Stubbs J,& Mitchell, N (2018) The influence of temperature on embryonic respiration, growth and sex determination in green turtles (Chelonia mydas). Physiological and Biochemical Zoology. 91 no 6 (November/December 2018): 1102-1114. https://doi.org/10.1086/700433
- Stubbs J, Mitchell N, Marn N, Vanderklift M, Pillans R, Augustine S (2018) A full life cycle Dynamic Energy Budget (DEB) model for the green sea turtles (Chelonia mydas) fitted to data on embryonic development. Journal of Sea Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seares.2018.06.012.
- Perry C, Alvarez-Filip L, Graham NAJ, Mumby PJ, Wilson SK, Kench PS, Manzello DP, Morgan KM, Slangen ABA, Thomson DP, Januchowski-Hartley F, Smithers SG, Steneck RR, Carlton R, Edinger EE, Enochs IC, Estrada-Saldívar N, Haywood MDE, Kolodziej G, Murphy GN, Pérez-Cervantes E, Suchley A, Valentino L, Boenish R, Wilson M, Macdonald C (2018) Loss of coral reef growth capacity to track future increases in sea level. Nature 558:396-400. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-018-0194-z
- Turner JA, Thomson DP, Cresswell AK, Trapon M, Babcock R (2018). Depth-related patterns in coral recruitment across a shallow to mesophotic gradient. Coral Reefs. pp1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00338-018-1696-8
- Turner J, Babcock R, Hovey, R, Kendrick, G (2018) AUV-based classification of benthic communities of the Ningaloo shelf and mesophotic areas. Coral Reefs, pp 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00338-018-1700-3
- Turner, JA, Babcock, RC, Hovey R, Kendrick, GA (2018). Can single classifiers be as useful as model ensembles to produce benthic seabed substratum maps? Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 204:149-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2018.02.028
- Cresswell A, Thomson D, Trevenen L, Renton M (2017). A functional-structural coral model. MODSIM2017, 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, Hobart, Australia. https://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2017/B2/cresswell.pdf
- Turner JA, Babcock RC, Hovey R & Kendrick GA (2017). GA Deep thinking: a systematic review of mesophotic coral ecosystems. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 79(9):2309-2320. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsx085
- Bessey C & Cresswell AK (2016). Masses of the marine insect Pontomyia oceana at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia. Coral Reefs 35:4 1225-1225. doi:10.1007/s00338-016-1488-y
Blogs and Articles
Instructions for ‘Build your Own’ creations by Dirk Slawinksi:
Colouring Sheets for Kids by Cindy Bessey:
Other useful Information
Factsheets & Summaries: