Ningaloo Outlook Symposium Outputs
Since the project commenced, two Ningaloo Outlook Symposium’s have been held in Perth. The purpose of these events are to bring together interested persons from BHP and CSIRO, conservation and natural resource managers, industry and the scientific community to present research findings from the Ningaloo Outlook partnership in an open and inclusive forum.
Presentations from these two events can be accessed below:
If you would like to attend the fourth symposium scheduled for March 2019, please register your interest to email@example.com
For a full listing of presentations given by the Ningaloo Outlook Team at International or National Conferences, click here.
- Stubbs J,& Mitchell, N (2018) The influence of temperature on embryonic respiration, growth and sex determination in green turtles (Chelonia mydas). Physiological and Biochemical Zoology. In press.
- Stubbs J, Mitchell N, Marn N, Vanderklift M, Pillans R, Augustine S (2018) A full life cycle Dynamic Energy Budget (DEB) model for the green sea turtles (Chelonia mydas) fitted to data on embryonic development. Journal of Sea Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.seares.2018.06.012.
- Perry C, Alvarez-Filip L, Graham NAJ, Mumby PJ, Wilson SK, Kench PS, Manzello DP, Morgan KM, Slangen ABA, Thomson DP, Januchowski-Hartley F, Smithers SG, Steneck RR, Carlton R, Edinger EE, Enochs IC, Estrada-Saldívar N, Haywood MDE, Kolodziej G, Murphy GN, Pérez-Cervantes E, Suchley A, Valentino L, Boenish R, Wilson M, Macdonald C (2018) Loss of coral reef growth capacity to track future increases in sea level. Nature 558:396-400. https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-018-0194-z
- Turner JA, Thomson DP, Cresswell AK, Trapon M, Babcock R (2018). Depth-related patterns in coral recruitment across a shallow to mesophotic gradient. Coral Reefs. pp1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00338-018-1696-8
- Turner J, Babcock R, Hovey, R, Kendrick, G (2018) AUV-based classification of benthic communities of the Ningaloo shelf and mesophotic areas. Coral Reefs, pp 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00338-018-1700-3
- Turner, JA, Babcock, RC, Hovey R, Kendrick, GA (2018). Can single classifiers be as useful as model ensembles to produce benthic seabed substratum maps? Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science, 204:149-163. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2018.02.028
- Cresswell A, Thomson D, Trevenen L, Renton M (2017). A functional-structural coral model. MODSIM2017, 22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation, Hobart, Australia. https://www.mssanz.org.au/modsim2017/B2/cresswell.pdf
- Turner JA, Babcock RC, Hovey R & Kendrick GA (2017). GA Deep thinking: a systematic review of mesophotic coral ecosystems. ICES Journal of Marine Science. 79(9):2309-2320. https://doi.org/10.1093/icesjms/fsx085
- Bessey C & Cresswell AK (2016). Masses of the marine insect Pontomyia oceana at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia. Coral Reefs 35:4 1225-1225. doi:10.1007/s00338-016-1488-y
Blogs and Articles
Instructions for ‘Build your Own’ creations:
Other useful Information
Factsheets & Summaries: