Ningaloo Outlook Presentations – Summary
Ningaloo Outlook Presentations Listing
Australian Marine Turtle Symposium (Bundaberg AU, 8-10 September 2018)
- Jessica Stubbs – A full life cycle Dynamic Energy Budget model for Ningaloo green turtles
- Mat Vanderklift – What can stable isotopes tell us about the ecology of green turtles at Ningaloo Reef?
- Nick Mortimer – Drones + Cameras + Turtles = Data Overload
Australian Coral Reef Society (Exmouth AU, 16-18 May 2018)
- Damian Thomson –10-year trends in coral assemblages at northern Ningaloo Reef reveal dramatically different responses in reef flat and reef slope habitats.
- Mel Trapon – Patterns in early life history of sessile invertebrates and algae across a depth gradient at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia.
- Anna Cresswell – Investigating the effect of recreational fishing using 30 years of data from Ningaloo Marine Park, a meta-analysis.
- Russ Babcock -Mesophotic reefs as refugia: Depth-related patterns in coral recruitment across a shallow to mesophotic gradient.
- Rich Pillans – Movement of coral reef associated fish, sharks, & turtles a Ningaloo Reef.
Australian Coral Reef Society (Townsville AU, 16-18 June 2017)
- Damian Thomson – Carbonate production and bioerosion at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia; the first two years of the Ningaloo Outlook Shallow Reefs project.
- Anna Cresswell – New methods and techniques for reef research.
The international fish telemetry conference (Cairns AU, 19-24 June 2017)
- Rich Pillans – Residency, habitat use and repeated long distance movements of adult sickle fin lemon shark (Negaprion acutidens) at Ningaloo Reef, Australia.
The Australian Society of Herpetologists (Fairbridge AU, 20-23 June 2017)
- Jess Stubbs – Embryonic oxygen consumption and growth in Ningaloo green turtles.
Australian Marine Science Association (Darwin AU, 2-6 July 2017)
- Russ Babcock – Starbug-X: A Compact Autonomous Underwater Vehicle applied to surveys of deepwater reefs at Ningaloo.
- Joe Turner – Mesophotic coral ecosystems: A global perspective and putting Ningaloo in context.
Australian Society for Fish Biology (Albany AU, 22-24 July 2017)
- Mat Vanderklift – Using stable isotopes to understand ecology of sharks and fish at Ningaloo Reef.
- Cindy Bessey – Different factors predict the distribution of two sympatric urchin species along a fringing coral reef: Ningaloo, Western Australia.
- Anna Cresswell – Links between coral morphological assemblage and fish communities at Ningaloo Reef.
22nd International Congress on Modelling and Simulation (Hobart AU, 3-8 December 2017)
- Anna Cresswell – B2 Advances in Agent-Based Modelling of complex biological, ecological and agricultural systems.
European Coral Reef Symposium (Oxford UK, 13-15 December 2017)
- Joe Turner – Mesophotic coral ecosystems: shifting from patterns to processes’ & workshop – Delving into the depths: How do we study mesophotic coral ecosystems.
IsoEcol Conference (Toyko, 3-8 April 2016)
- Mat Vanderklift – Using stable isotopes from multiple tissues to investigate ecology of turtles.
13th International Coral Reef Symposium (Hawaii, 19-23 June 2016)
- Damian Thomson – Wave structuring of corals at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia.
- Tim Cooper (BHP) – Integrating knowledge from shallow reefs, the mesophotic zone and charismatic megafauna in the conservation of a world heritage area: the Ningaloo Outlook Project.
Society for Conservation Biology Oceania Conference (Brisbane, 6 July 2016)
- Jessica Stubbs – Do current conservation areas adequately capture critical habitat for endangered sea turtles?
The 3rd Australian Sea Turtle Symposium (Darwin, 22-24 August 2016)
- Mat Vanderklift – Ecology of turtles in the Ningaloo Coast World Heritage Area.
- Jessica Stubbs – Foraging ecology of green turtles at Ningaloo.
Australian Society for Fish Biology Conference (Hobart, 4 September 2016)
- Anna Cresswell – Acute climate-mediated disturbances – the defining role in structuring coral reef futures?
Combined Australian Entomological Society Scientific Conference and New Zealand Entomological Society Conference (Melbourne, 27 – 30 November 2016)
- Cindy Bessey – Masses of the marine insect Pontomyia oceana at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia.
2016 Conference of the Ecological Society of Australia (Fremantle, 28-29 November 2016)
- Russ Babcock – Starbug-X: a Compact Autonomous Underwater Vehicle applied to surveys of deepwater reefs at Ningaloo.
- Damian Thomson – Physical structuring of benthic communities at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia.