Information collected as part of the Ningaloo Research Program (2006-2011) has enabled a major leap in the quantity and quality of scientific information for the Ningaloo region. The research has transformed the science foundations for managing human activities in and around the Ningaloo Marine Park and provided a model for research in other Australian marine ecosystems. The research has also contributed to improved understanding and management not only of Ningaloo, but of other coral reef systems in Australia and globally.
The information was captured in a series of reports and factsheets outlined below:.
WAMSI Node 3 Factsheets
Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Factsheets
Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Reports:
- Wojciech Klonowski, Mervyn Lynch, Peter Fearns, Leon Majewski,and Mark Gray (2011) Hyperspectral Mapping of Bathymetry and Benthic Cover Ningaloo. Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 1a.
- Halina T. Kobryn, Kristin Wouters and Lynnath E. Beckley (2011) Habitats of the Ningaloo Reef and adjacent coastal areas determined through hyperspectral imagery. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No.1b.
- M. van Keulen and M.W. Langdon (2011) Biodiversity and ecology of the Ningaloo Reef lagoon. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 1c.
- Greg A. Skilleter, Neil Loneragan, Ali McCarthy & Halina Kobryn (2011) Assessing invertebrate biodiversity on Ningaloo Reef: Validation of habitat surrogacy – Interim. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Interim Final Report No. 1d.
- Lynnath E. Beckley, Claire B. Smallwood, Susan A. Moore and Halina T. Kobryn (2010) Human use of Ningaloo Marine Park. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 2.
- Tod Jones, David Wood, Michael Hughes, Marg Deery, Liz Fredline, Roy Jones, Beth Fulton, Tien Pham, Daniel Pambudi, Larry Dwyer, Ray Spurr, Kelly Chapman, Anna Lewis, Philippa Chandler and James Catlin (2011) Socio-economics of Tourism. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 3.
- Atakelty Hailu, Lei Gao, Jeffrey Durkin and Michael Burton (2011) Estimation and integration of socioeconomic values of human use of Ningaloo. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 4.
- Peta L. Dzidic, Geoffrey J. Syme & Jeffrey M. Dambacher (2011) Ningaloo Client Outreach Community Report. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 5.
- Fulton, E., Gray, R., Sporcic, M., Scott, R., Little, R., Hepburn, M., Gorton, B., Hatfield, B., Fuller, M., Jones, T., De la Mare, W., Boschetti, F., Chapman, K., Dzidic, P., Syme, G., Dambacher, J. & McDonald, D. (2011) Adaptive Futures for Ningaloo. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 5.3.
- Peta L. Dzidic, Geoffrey J. Syme, Jeffrey M. Dambacher & Sarah Malkin (2011) Ningaloo Client Outreach. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Technical Report No 5.4
- Fabio Boschetti, Beth Fulton, Rich Little, Arnaud de La Tour, Pierre Hardy, Nicky Grigg & Pierre Horwitz (2010). Simple computer models in the management of complex ecological systems. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No X.
- Neil Loneragan, Irene Abraham, Bill de la Mare and Wendy Steele (2011) Ningaloo Cluster Coordination and Management. Ningaloo Collaboration Cluster Final Report No. 6.