15 start-ups selected to participate in pre-accelerator bootcamp of AI Accelerator Challenge 2021
From drone technology that may see parcels delivered right to your balcony, to an AI content filter to help keep kids safer online, and chatbot solutions that aim to improve service delivery to consumers, the 15 successful participants for the pre-accelerator stage of the Artificial Intelligence (AI) Accelerator Challenge 2021 are set to make an impact across in Vietnam.
The AI Accelerator Challenge seeks to support Vietnam’s economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, and to help foster the development of a vibrant AI start-up environment. The program is specifically designed for Vietnamese artificial intelligence start-ups with innovative ideas and products that address the practical needs of the market.
More than 110 teams, from 19 different countries and across a wide range of industries applied to participate in the challenge.
The 15 successful start-ups will now undertake a four-week pre-accelerator bootcamp designed to evaluate their personalities, mindsets, and collaboration with the program.
Following the pre-accelerator stage, the top five start-ups will be awarded a place in a three-month long acceleration program including training and mentoring. Start-ups will have access to Vietnam Silicon Valley’s support services and networks, and seed funding of up to VND 200 million (with no equity required).
The AI Accelerator Challenge is an initiative of the Ministry of Science & Technology (MOST), supported by the Aus4Innovation program, and delivered by Vietnam Silicon Valley.
Find out more about the 15 start-ups participating in the pre-accelerator bootcamp:
- AhaChat powers over 30,000 bots on Facebook Messenger and is the leader in messenger marketing in Vietnam. The free solution allows people to create Messenger bots for marketing, sales and support.
- AIMED works with experts in AI and medicine, and is focusing on addressing cervical cancer.
- BusMap is an AI solution for logistics to recommend optimal route navigations based on traffic conditions and forecast travel time. Using real-time bus and vehicle travel history, the system will accurately show the location of the vehicle.
- CyberPurify uses AI to filter harmful internet content for kids. The tool blocks a range of inappropriate content, as well as content in images, videos and ads.
- The goal of DroneProVN is to create a new transportation solution, via virtual-infrastructure for smart-flying-devices in urban areas.
- EM&AI provides a comprehensive solution including Virtual Agent – a conversational AI and Digital Platform that powers automated conversations between a business and customers via voice and chat channels.
- MiSmart uses unmanned aircraft technology (drone) to fly over crop fields to spot pest spot and spray pesticide. This saves up to 99% of pesticides, and creates clean agriculture products.
- Movan ISO software helps to automate business, production and service processes that comply with ISO standard for businesses.
- NamiQ AI is an innovative start-up that aims to redefine the way banks, fin-tech firms and online shops engage with customer by combining the analytical power and efficiency of AI with the power of human insight.
- Nerman is Southeast Asia’s first men’s cosmetic ecosystem applying AI. With more than 100,000 products sold in just four months, Nerman is expected to export to Southeast Asian markets including Thailand, Indonesia, and Cambodia in early 2021.
- NutrilifeIO uses social AI integration to connect nutritionists, doctors, nurses, dieticians, health educators and patients around the world to provide a different approach to interventions and support.
- Otrafy is enterprise quality assurance software that automates document processing by managing the collection, storage, and transfer of certification data across the food chain. Otrafy leverages natural processing language and machine learning to reduce manual activities, helping food manufacturers reach compliance and regulatory requirements more efficiently.
- Techainer focusses on providing harnessing a range of technology solutions (including biometrics, user behaviour and video analysis) to help businesses know their customers.
- tMonitor can be used in indoor and outdoor industrial zones to provide an intelligent real-time platform that uses AI and IoT technologies to monitor air quality in order to boost productivity and to ensure compliance to international and Vietnamese regulation standards.
- WISAMI helps small and medium businesses with one-touch timekeeping, payroll and salary payment. WISAMI has recently introduced microfinance loan packages to employees with high financial confidence through an AI rating system.