Agricultural & Digital Innovation
The Agricultural & Digital Innovation (ADI) team integrates social dimensions of technology development and responsible innovation principles into projects as they are in progress. For example, when seeking to develop technologies, tools or innovations (including non-technological solutions) our team considers the problem framing, broader social implications, social context, institutional and individual constraints and opportunities.
Our vision is to drive the development of technology and innovation to better account for responsible innovation principles and the social dimensions in which they are created so that innovation is more likely to be appropriate, responsible, relevant, useable and beneficial to society. Our purpose is to increase the positive impacts of research, including the number of people who can benefit, and reduce unintended negative consequences of technology development, such as unintended environmental degradation or further reinforcing existing inequities.
- Big data for big farming or big data for everyone?
- Understanding dynamics of trust transparency and benefit sharing in digital agriculture
- Social Science and digital agriculture
- Experimenting with digitalisation
- Digitalisation smart farming
- Digital farmers conference – Bringing Agtech to Life
- Why do social dimensions matter for digital innovation in agriculture