Dr Justine LaceyResearch Director
- Dr Lacey leads CSIRO’s Responsible Innovation Future Science Platform; a research program examining the interface between science, technology innovation and the associated ethical, social and legal consequences of new and disruptive science and technologies. CSIRO’s Future Science Platforms aim to develop the early stage science that underpins disruptive innovation and has the potential to reinvent and create new industries for Australia.
Dr Cathy RobinsonPrincipal Research Scientist and Research Group Leader
- Dr Robinson leads and supports a number of initiatives that provide practical examples of how to accelerate innovation with ideas that value and enable diversity. This includes research with Indigenous and remote rural communities and scientists to accelerate collaboration and innovation to achieve to enable a total system health approach for Northern Australian regions.
Dr Marcus BarberSenior Research Scientist and Research Team Leader
- Dr Barber is an environmental anthropologist in Land and Water. He has 20 years field research experience with Aboriginal Australians, focused on water issues, livelihood development, and building contemporary Indigenous cultural and natural resource management.
Dr Rebecca CoatesResearch Scientist and Social and Interdisciplinary Science Human Research Ethics Coordinator
- Dr Coates works with the ethics team within the Science Impact and Policy group, as one of the Social and Interdisciplinary Science Human Research Ethics Coordinators. She also works with the Responsible Innovation Future Science Platform on topics related to ethics and social responsibility at the intersection of science, society and technology.
Dr Emma JakkuResearch Scientist
- Dr Jakku applies her expertise in the sociology of science and technology to help improve understanding of technology development, implementation and adoption processes. Her current research examines the social and institutional context of digital transformation in Australian agriculture.
Dr Simon FielkeResearch Scientist
- Dr Fielke conducts applied human geographical research into the implications of the digitalisation of agricultural innovation systems. The domain of digital agtech helps build on conceptualisations of 'Responsible Innovation' and what they mean for the practice of research and development into the future.
Dr Andrea WaltonSocial Scientist and Research Team Leader
- Dr Walton is social scientist with CSIRO’s Adaptive Communities and Industries group. Since commencing with CSIRO in 2011, her work has included social science research into community resilience and wellbeing, social licence to operate, social acceptance and trust, and perceptions of risk and benefits in relation to contested industries.
Dr Rod McCreaSocial Scientist
- Dr McCrea is a social scientist with the Sustainability Pathways Program, CSIRO Land and Water. His broad research interests interface between environments (natural and man-made) and human attitudes and behaviour; and his fields of research expertise include: urban quality of life, regional community wellbeing and resilience, social licence to operate, and more recently, public perceptions of responsible innovation.
Dr David FlemingSenior Research Scientist
- Dr Fleming is an economist with work experience in Chile, the United States, New Zealand and Australia.
Dr Cara StitzleinPostdoctoral Fellow - Science
- Dr Stitzlein's academic background focuses on cognitive psychology and human factors, completing her PhD at the University of Queensland (St Lucia) where she was a IPRS scholarship recipient. Her strengths are in applying human-centred design methodologies for purposes of development, evaluation and performance benchmarking.