Files contain single or grouped variables, with the following names:
- atm_flux_diag : various diagnostics related to atmospheric fluxes
- ice_force : various diagnostics related to sea-ice and forcing
- ocean_eta_t : sea surface height
- ocean_force : various diagnostics related to surface forcing
- ocean_mld : mixed layer depth
- ocean_salt : salinity
- ocean_temp : temperature
- ocean_tx_trans_int_z : horizontal component of vertically integrated water mass transport in the x-direction
- ocean_ty_trans_int_z : horizontal component of vertically integrated water mass transport in the y-direction
- ocean_u : u-component of current
- ocean_v : v-component of current
- ocean_w : w-component of current
The units are MKS for all variables and u and v are eastwards and northwards pointing velocity components respectively.
Daily values are stored under the daily/ directory as monthly files that contain daily data. They have names like ocean_VAR_yyyy_mm.nc where VAR = eta_t, salt, temp, u or v (with the obvious meanings), yyyy is the year and mm is the month.
Monthly means are stored under the month/ directory as single monthly files. They have names like ocean_VAR_mth_yyyy_mm.nc
Annual files are stored under the annual/ directory as single annual files. They have names like ocean_VAR_ann_yyyy.nc
Static files are the model grid specification (grid_spec.nc) and the ocean grid (ocean_grid.nc).
For further information please contact us.