Outreach: Students visiting from The University of Washington
Today, in collaboration with the Queensland University of Technology, we hosted a tour of our facilities and robots to a very inquisitive group of students from the University of Washington.
Apart from an overview of our Group, our visitors also learned about our work in:
- Evolutionary Robotics
- Automated unmanned ground vehicle
- Any Wheel and Any Leg systems
- 3D SLAM REVO mapping technologies
- Starbug Autonomous Submarine
- Legged robotic research and the DARPA SubT Challenge
- BLEAT and other Distribute Sensing Systems Group’s technologies
The Robotics and Autonomous System Group at CSIRO’s Data61 is highly involved in outreach programs and initiatives that showcase the benefits of our work to society as well as excite children and young adults for a career in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
Technical visits of our facilities & robots, guest talks, and competitions are just some examples of our outreach initiatives.
Contact us to learn more.