Funded Masters and PhD Internships
Do you want to work for one of the world’s leading research organisation, live in a city with extremely high standard of living, enjoy pristine beaches and sun all year round, while doing ground breaking Robotics research to solve real-world challenges? Then read on.
The Robotics & Autonomous System Group at CSIRO’s Data61 offers great funded internship opportunities for engineering students with experience in any of the following areas:
- Deep Learning for Robotics
- Motion Planning
- Field Robotics
- UGVs, UAVs and Legged Robots
We are one of the main field robotics research groups in the world, and part of CSIRO, the largest research body in Australia.
We develop automation technologies for application in fields such as environmental monitoring, agriculture, mining, manufacturing, and more.
Our research has led to new techniques for the autonomous control of machines, 3D perception, and localisation, producing novel industry solutions.
This placement is for 8-12 months in duration and it will provide you with access to our leading scientists and mentors, real-life experience working in the robotics area while completing your studies.
Selected applicants will receive living allowance of AUD 700/week for the duration of their internship.
We offer a flexible starting date and potential extension.
What’s in it for you?
We are located in sunny Brisbane, capital of the State of Queensland, Australia.
As part of your internship you will also get:
- Amazing support from hardware & software teams.
- Access to world-class research infrastructure.
- A great mix of exposure to industry and research.
- Year-round sun, beaches, diving, surfing, climbing, hiking, snorkelling! It’s Queensland!
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with the first Class Honours or a Master’s degree with Research in a relevant area in the past 4 years (e.g., Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics or other related fields).
- Strong competencies in one or more of the followings areas: Robotics, Computer Vision, Machine learning.
- Demonstrated strong programming skills in C++ or Python in Linux.
Candidates will be selected based on experience, programming and communication skills, as well as academic record.
How to apply
Prospective students should send the following documents in .pdf file to Dr. Paulo Borges (email@example.com) with the subject [Funded Internship], including:
- a current c.v.
- details of grades or an academic transcript
- one page cover letter explaining your research background and areas of interest
Dr. Paulo Borges (firstname.lastname@example.org)