CSIRO CPS Day -Bridging the Gap between the Physical and Digital Worlds with AI – Join us online this Friday30th October
Join this event hosted by the Queensland AI Hub to get an overview of the CSIRO Cyber-Physical Systems program, and the research that it has been undertaking in multiple domains.
Cyber-physical systems are the connection of digital devices to the physical environment.
The mission of CSIRO Cyber-physical systems program is to sense, model and understand the physical environment. By bridging the gap between technology and the world around us, we’ll have more data to inform environmental decision-making and action for the benefit of Australian industry and society, particularly in the domains of agriculture, health, environment, manufacturing, mining and safety.
Join Queensland AI Hub’s CEO, Sue Keay as she introduces the panel of experts who specialise in real time in-situ sensing, decision and control, 3D mapping, autonomous robotics, long-term, large scale, distributed sensing, and AI-enabled computer vision:
- Dr. Mark Hedley, Acting Research Director, Cyber-Physical Systems. Mark will kick off the presentation with a CPS overview.
- Dr. Nicolas Hudson, Group Leader, Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group, CPS. Based on his experience, Nick will dig into the details of how CSIRO uses AI for underground 3D mapping with robots.
- Dr. Mohsen Radfar, Research Scientist, Cybernetics Group, CPS. Discover AI chipsets at the edge with Mohsen.
- Dr. Brano Kusy, Group Leader, Distributed Sensing Systems Group, CPS. Brano will cover the Marine IoT topic.
- Dr. Dadong Wang, Team Leader, Image and Computer Vision Group, CPS. AI in Agriculture is Dadong’s specialty.
- Dr. Sara Khalifa, Research Scientist, Distributed Sensing Systems Group, CPS. Sara will closure these excellent six talks with AI in Self-powered Wearable IoT.
Date: Friday 30th October
Time: 4:30pm-5:30pm AEST
Access: Via Zoom*. A direct link to the webinar will be emailed to all registrants a few hours prior to the event.
*Attendees are notified that this webinar will be recorded
Subscribe to our News via Email