We are very excited to have brought you CSIRO’s Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Future Science Platform Conference, MARS 2021 on 1-2nd June 2021.
Each section of the conference program was recorded and is available for you at https://research.csiro.au/mlai-fsp/mars-2021-program/.
This year, in addition to the virtual component, we hosted collaborative connection points at selected CSIRO sites (based on registrations and acceptance numbers).
Last year’s conference identified who we are and what we hope to achieve across the next few years.
MARS 2021 focussed strongly on projects currently underway across CSIRO and the progress that has been made to date.
By June 2021, we should have approx 30 Postdocs that are working within CSIRO across invested Business Units and also in partnerships with selected Universities.
Our Postdocs presented at the conference via pitches and we hope that future collaborations across CSIRO will grow as a result of this.
We were also extremely pleased to be able to enjoy with you at MARS 2021 the following Key Note Speakers:
- Svetha Venkatesh – https://svethav.github.io/
- Kamalika Chaudhuri – http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~kamalika/
- Julia Vogt – https://mds.inf.ethz.ch/
- Daniel Simpson – https://dpsimpson.github.io/
The conference program across the 2 days was represented by:
- Discussions with CSIROs Senior Leaders around the future of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence across our organisation.
- Updates from our key activity areas and their leaders/in-business partners including: Hybrid Prediction, Spatiotemporal, Object Detection, Context, Decisions and Bioprediction.
- Science pitches from our Postdoc cohort.
- 4 key note speaker presentations plus a panel discussion.
If you have any questions post MARS 2021 or would like to make a suggestion about what you would like to embrace through future connections, please contact any of the members of the MARS Sub Committee:
- Helen Hicks – Program Manager, MLAI FSP, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vivien Rolland – Activity Leader, MLAI FSP (Agriculture and Food),email@example.com
- Petra Kuhnert – Activity Leader, MLAI FSP (Data 61), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Russell Tsuchida – Postdoctoral fellow, MLAI FSP, Host Data 61, email@example.com
- Suk Yee Yong – Postdoctoral fellow, MLAI FSP, Host CASS, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hannah Blundell – Program Co-ordinator, MLAI FSP, email@example.com