Links and resources
- Water banking: insurance against drought Why bank water and how much does it cost?
- NAWRA MAR opportunity maps on IGRAC MAR Portal
- MAR: Storing water underground is a short video describing MAR and CSIRO’s research
- Search for MAR publications in CSIRO’s public online Publications Repository
- NWGA Rapid appraisal of MAR opportunities for agriculture
- CSIRO’s science underpinned the 2009 Australian ‘MAR Guidelines’ as part of the National Water Quality Management Strategy.
- Risk assessment in accordance with the MAR Guidelines was demonstrated through a compendium of MAR risk assessment case studies
- International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) MAR working group
- MAR website for Chile (Spanish and English) including the Chilean MAR Guidelines
- Latin-MAR community of practice
- Goyder Institute for Water Research, which provides funding for MAR research projects
- “Why managed aquifer recharge suits south-west Western Australia so well” presentation by Don McFarlane. CSIRO Land and Water Seminar, Floreat, 28 August 2016
The Waterlines papers are part of a series of works commissioned by the National Water Commission on key water issues. The MAR papers in this series were written and developed by CSIRO on behalf of the National Water Commission: