CSIRO’s role in MAR research
CSIRO’s MAR research has made a significant contribution to the development of MAR in Australia, through collaborative projects with partners from Commonwealth, State and local government, water utilities, private industry and education providers.
CSIRO research was fundamental to development of the Australian ‘MAR Guidelines’ as part of the National Water Quality Management Strategy.
CSIRO’s role in MAR research and projects includes:
- research and project trial sites
- development of risk assessment procedures
- development of MAR regulatory guidelines
- providing training on MAR
- providing expert review and guidance on MAR operations.