Our research on shale gas is focused on characterisation and modelling of the reservoir processes that determine gas production.
- Measurement of gas adsorption in high pressure, temperature shale reservoirs
- Characterisation and modelling of gas diffusion with intact and crushed shale samples
- Modelling of gas production from multi-porosity shale reservoirs
- Characterisation of the gas in place using intact and crushed shale samples and quantities of gas in free and adsorbed states and their contribution to production with time
- Measurement and modelling of anisotropic permeability using cubic shale samples
- Characterising permeability and stress relationship