Phytosanitary risk tools
CSIRO is working closely with our partners to develop a set of tools and resources that can be applied by biosecurity regulators, industry stakeholders and other researchers. Our tools include methods, models, interactive calculators, templates and other resources that can be used to:
- Design and evaluate individual phytosanitary measures
- Develop new phytosanitary risk management protocols and validate their efficacy
- Refine, simplify or more rigorously validate existing phytosanitary protocols
- Assess the likely efficacy of phytosanitary measures proposed in new market access applications
- Design rigorous risk management responses for wider biosecurity issues or incursions
An overview of the phytosanitary risk tools
What tools are available now
Phytosanitary risk framework
Our risk framework provides the basis to advance the scientific methods for phytosanitary risk management and enables quantitative analysis of risk reduction
Menu of measures
This menu serves up a wide range of options for reducing biosecurity risks related to trade. It also outlines the evidence needed to demonstrate the efficacy of phytosanitary measures.
Inspection sampling calculator
This interactive calculator guides sampling rates for crop or consignment inspections to confidently detect pests in items for trade
Comparative cost calculator
A prototype model to compare the costs of different phytosanitary risk management options
Interactive menu of measures
Click on a highlighted ‘measure category’ to see detailed information from our draft Menu of Measures resource.
More tools are being developed and will be posted soon.