Connect@Lindfield is a commercialisation program specifically designed for Advanced Manufacturing and Hardware start-ups and SME’s. Connect is proudly funded by the CSIRO’s Lindfield Collaboration Hub.
Understand the journey from Prototype to Production – with six face-to-face sessions over eight weeks dedicated to the growth of your company.
Our program is facilitated in a hardware environment overflowing with technical advice,
industry coaches/mentors and like minded deep-techpreneurs.
Aside from the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest research minds, the program offers:
• Premium commercialisation course at no cost to you!
• No equity or IP taken! No strings attached.
• Coaching and expertise from leading lean
innovation practitioners. Our Connect 2020 program will be facilitated by Ben Wright and Jane Cockburn
• Mentors, including key players from the hardware ecosystem.
• Lively and interactive knowledge space priming you for future grant pathways such as the MVP.
• Post-program opportunity for 1 outstanding team to be part of the Lindfield Collaboration Hub community at CSIRO Lindfield.
How do I Apply?
Teams are required to fill out an online application via the Application portal at connect.awardsplatform.com, include a business model canvas and an optional video.
Applications will open on 10th October 2019 and close on 1st December 2019.
Applications will be evaluated against evidence of:
• Market opportunity
• Competitive strength
• Technology Readiness Level 3 and IP position
• Team strength – diversity, multidisciplinary composition etc.
Our 2020 Connect@Lindfield program will be open for applications on the 10th October 2019.
Over eight weeks (five sessions face-to-face), this intensive pre-accelerator experience can provide hardware start-ups with the business knowledge, connections and technical expertise to enhance their sustainable business model, seek funding support for runway and apply for further acceleration or incubation.
Some fantastic quotes collected from the 2018 cohort.
“Connections alone is what makes this program really important to us.” – Quote agreed. (ODL Sleep)
“Going out and talking people – it’s crazy, it’s so good.” – Quote agreed. (ODL Sleep)
“I was about to spend $100,000 on making my product. Luckily I came here and realised what the real pains were.” (Vloati)
“It’s hard and I feared rejection when I started doing interviews, but I come away remembering my purpose and why I’m doing this.” (Kimiya)