Communities spend tens of billions of dollars every year on transportation. Data61 is playing a central role in the application of ICT to transport, making transportation safer, more productive and environmentally friendly.
CITI: Cooperative Intelligent Transport Initiative
- Cooperative intersection collision avoidance systems
- Weather, work zone and rest area advisories
- Calibration of network models through a world-first freight vehicle C-ITS test-bed, based in the Illawarra region of NSW, linking 3 intersections over a 42km route and involving 30 trucks.
The CITI project is managed by Data61, conceived by Transport for NSW, and working with academia and private industry.
- Reducing the risk of collision
- Increasing transport efficiency.
Data Driven ITS: Deriving transport intelligence from sensors
Using Data61’s Machine Learning expertise to:
- Combine traffic and transport data from all available sensors
- Develop data driven models for planning and operations that span large spatio-temporal scales
- Incorporate new sensor types without the need to rebuild models from scratch.
Industry Engagement and Impact
Working with Australian Roads agencies to deliver better and more timely information:
- Enabling travellers to make more informed travel choices
- Enabling planners and decision makers to develop robust fact-based transportation models.
Download the Intelligent Transport Systems brochure.