Science to support biodiversity conservation and natural resource management
We are collaborating with the Australian Government Department of the Environment and Energy on projects that will improve the knowledge-base and long-term research infrastructure to support biodiversity conservation and natural resource management (NRM).
These projects aim to:
- increase the capacity to monitor, evaluate and report on NRM effectiveness and environmental health, including through State of the Environment reporting and national environmental accounting
- synthesise and optimise the use of environmental science and knowledge
- increase opportunities for the science and NRM communities to collaborate in science and knowledge development
- support strategic prioritisation for NRM and management of Australia’s national system of protected areas
- support conservation planning in the context of a changing climate.