Science to support biodiversity conservation and natural resource management
We are collaborating with the Australian Government Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water on projects that will improve the knowledge-base and long-term research infrastructure to support biodiversity conservation and natural resource management (NRM).
These projects aim to:
- increase the capacity to monitor, evaluate and report on NRM effectiveness and environmental health, including through State of the Environment reporting and national environmental accounting
- synthesise and optimise the use of environmental science and knowledge
- increase opportunities for the science and NRM communities to collaborate in science and knowledge development
- support strategic prioritisation for NRM and management of Australia’s national system of protected areas
- support conservation planning in the context of a changing climate.