The Workspace team is hiring!
As a Software Engineer within CSIRO’s Data61 Business Unit you will join our Computational Software Engineering (CSE) Team and be part of a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and scientists that provide advanced modelling software and applications to researchers and industry. The CSE Team uses world leading techniques and technologies to model real world situations such as natural disasters, industrial processes, human motion and much more. This is achieved by utilising our scientific software platform called “Workspace”.
Specifically you will:
- Use C++ to develop commercial-quality software.
- Be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Be working across multiple platforms
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: $78k to $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 25181
To be successful you will have:
- Commercial software engineering experience writing C++ software applications. An understanding of object-oriented programming, object-oriented class libraries and C++ templates. A
- history of strong customer focus and a proven capacity to deliver.
- Demonstrated experience working in a test-driven, agile development or continuous integration environment.
- Ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of process improvement, and the communication skills to promote the adoption of such ideas.
- The ability to work proactively and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Experience with source code repositories, work item tracking, GUI libraries, cross platform development environments.
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or similar and/or equivalent commercial experience.
About Data61: Data61 is Australia’s digital powerhouse, formed by the recent integration of NICTA and CSIRO’s Digital Productivity business unit. We bring a multidisciplinary approach with design thinking, creativity, and behavioural economics to solve complex business problems, digital transformation and early stage commercialisation of data-centric solutions.
Data61 is a CSIRO entity, Australia’s preeminent scientific organisation. Being part of CSIRO gives us access to deep domain expertise across all of the industry sectors most likely to be disrupted over next 5-20 years.
Data61 focuses on every aspect of data research and development, from data capture [via sensor technology and robotics] to data consumption; communications and networking; infrastructure; hardware and software; cybersecurity; data statistics, modeling and analytics; decision sciences; behavioural economics and cognitive sciences—across every major industry sector. Find out more – visit our website