The Workspace team is hiring!
As a Software Engineer within CSIRO’s Data61 Business Unit you will join our Computational Software Engineering (CSE) Team and be part of a multi-disciplinary team of software engineers and scientists that provide advanced modelling software and applications to researchers and industry. The CSE Team uses world leading techniques and technologies to model real world situations such as natural disasters, industrial processes, human motion and much more. This is achieved by utilising our scientific software platform called “Workspace”.
Specifically you will:
- Use C++ to develop commercial-quality software.
- Be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Be working across multiple platforms
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: $78k to $88k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref no: 35961
To be successful you will have:
- Commercial software engineering experience writing C++ software applications. An understanding of object-oriented programming, object-oriented class libraries and C++ templates. A
- history of strong customer focus and a proven capacity to deliver.
- Demonstrated experience working in a test-driven, agile development or continuous integration environment.
- Ability and willingness to contribute novel ideas and approaches in support of process improvement, and the communication skills to promote the adoption of such ideas.
- The ability to work proactively and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary, regionally dispersed research team, and carry out tasks autonomously in support of scientific research.
- Experience with source code repositories, work item tracking, GUI libraries, cross platform development environments.
- A degree in software engineering, computer science or similar and/or equivalent commercial experience.
Data61 is the largest data innovation group in Australia. Bringing together our Digital Productivity team and National ICT Australia (NICTA), we are unrivalled in our intellectual capital and our network with the global technology marketplace. Find out more! – visit our website
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 19th April 2017
To apply for this position you will be required to submit one document that contains your resume and a cover letter (of up to two pages) expressing your interest in the role and broadly addressing your suitability.