Six-axis printing – to enable CNC layup of whole robot structures
The task for this project involves:
- Design – light weight, rigid, fast, precise, rotary axes to mount on the printer’s build platform
- Source parts
- Assemble and install the system
- Firmware extension – NB collision prevention
- Callibration and control of printing
The student will be guided by our printer engineer for integration with the Prusa i3 and E3D Tool Changer printers, and with the printer control firmware. It should expose a G-code interface for the unwrapping software. It is important that the firmware extension is well written.
The goal of this project is to have mechatronically controlled 3 axis build rotation integrated onto our printer.
Timeframe: 6 months
Requirements and eligibility
We expect to see a record of a satisfactory academic standard, and if applications are from overseas, be assured that students have sufficient funds to cover their travel and living costs whilst in Australia. It is recommended that international applicants view the Australian Government website ‘Study in Australia’.
- C/C++ mechatronic control software
- Light weight rigid mechanical design
How to apply
Please supply the following information and documentation at time of contact for your application to be considered:
- a current c.v.
- details of grades or an academic transcript
- the degree you are enrolled in
- number of years completed