Applications Open: Postdoctoral Fellow in Machine Learning for Materials Science
Update: Applications are now closed. We have started reviewing applications and will be in contact with applicants as required to follow-up.
Applications close 16/August (Melbourne time)
CSIRO Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in Materials Science (click this link to find official job advertisement)
Your research will focus on applying Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to the analysis of sample material data sets and in the design of the experiments as part of a data driven science initiative to accelerate material optimisation workflows. Themes that will be explored include the use of Machine Learning and Artificial Neural Networks for Materials Science Characterisation data sets, Hybrid Prediction, Decision making, Hyperspectral mapping, Data Visualisation, Design of Experiments and Dimensionality reduction. Solving these types of challenges will open new vistas of scientific knowledge and positive impact in fields such as polymer science, flow chemistry and battery science. This will be done within national and international settings, and as part of a diverse multidisciplinary team.
- Developing and implementing machine learning or artificial intelligence expertise as applied to both the analysis of material sample data sets, as well as in the design of the experiments as part of a data driven science initiative to accelerate material optimisation workflows.
- Implementing these methods efficiently on CSIRO specific high throughput testing systems including robotic synthesis and analysis platforms, and in the domain of flow chemistry.
- Carrying out evaluation of the developed software to demonstrate its competitiveness and fitness for purpose, taking responsibility for functionality, performance and robustness.
- Actively participating in experimental based research program, including sample preparation and analysis.
- Carrying out high impact research of strategic importance to CSIRO, with the aim of achieving innovative and wide-reaching scientific outcomes and ideas for further research.
Please submit applications via the job posting above. Inquiries about details of the position may be submitted via the contact form below, but please do not send applications directly to RAMP staff as they will not be received.