2013 Open Day
The Queensland Centre for Advanced Technologies was officially opened on 5 February 1993. QCAT celebrates 20 years of research and innovation in 2013.
The QCAT Open Day will be held on Saturday, 17 August 2013 at 10.00am – 3.00pm AEST.
Open Days are an opportunity for the community to see “what goes on here.” The principle target audience will be families with school age children. This demographic makes up a significant percentage of the local population and will appeal to parents that wish to expose their children to different ‘educational’ experiences.
Within the general public we will also be targeting:
- Locals that drive past the site and are curious
- School teachers looking for new ideas to incorporate into the classroom
- University students looking for career direction or general interest
- Ex-researcher, engineers and industry professionals
Open Day’s allow the community a chance to visit, discover and discuss the research and technology taking place within their region. This achieves a number of goals:
- Transparency of our research
- Creates excitement about the opportunities that can be achieved using science and technology
- Allows the community a chance to ask questions about the research