The Data Centre curates datasets collected by the Marine National Facility (MNF) research vessels RV Franklin (1985 to 2002), RV Southern Surveyor (2003 to 2013) and RV Investigator (2014 to present). The data are integrated with existing O&A data holdings for the purpose of data description, curation, access, and dissemination.
The MNF data streams comprise the underway data suite, Conductivity, Temperature, and Depth (CTD), Hydrology (salinity, dissolved oxygen and nutrients), Acoustic Doppler Current Profiler (ADCP), multibeam and singlebeam echosounders, sub-bottom profiler and catch records. The current MNF RV Investigator has an increased science capability with data streams from an extensive array of instruments and sampling equipment on the vessel. This includes standard MNF and project science data. The intention is to capture all data collected and describe the data products produced enabling their discovery by both the scientific and public community.
The MNF data streams comprise the underway data suite, CTD, Hydrology (water chemistry), ADCP data, multibeam, sub-bottom profiler and catch records. Additional data types will be added over time as new instruments are being deployed on the RV Investigator.
All data from MNF is public once it has been processed or quality controlled See the MNF Outputs and outcomes from research voyages policy for details on data publishing compliance including timeframes for when data is required to be available.
- MarLIN – search the catalogue of metadata for descriptions and access to datasets from MNF voyages, other vessels and O&A data.
- Data Trawler – search for O&A and MNF Data by voyage, data type, region etc.
- Near Real-time Underway Data – select, plot, or download from a variety of underway sensors on the RV Investigator. Pre-zipped files of processed underway data from RV Southern Surveyor voyages (2003-2013) are available at MNF Southern Surveyor Underway Data Archive.
- Geophysical Survey and Mapping (GSM) – access to multibeam repository, a gallery of maps and information about the GSM team.
- Geoserver – A web front-end for browsing spatial data published from the Data Warehouse which can then be integrate with GIS software such as QGIS or another application supporting the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards for Web Map Services (WMS) and Web Feature Services (WFS)
- The Australian Oceanographic Data Network (AODN) portal and Integrated Marine observing System (IMOS) portal consumes the web services above and presents MNF datasets.
- World Data Centre for Greenhouse Gases (WDCGG) Japan – Data collected on the RV Investigator will be added to WDCGG database.
- Voyage listing MNF research vessels – Investigator, Southern Surveyor and Franklin – links to survey details, documentation, and metadata records containing data links.
- Master voyage/survey List – Access information via O&A and MNF research vessels and other data sources e.g. moorings, coastal stations etc.
- Australian-waters Earth Observation Phytoplankton-type Products (AEsOP) – includes data collected on MNF vessels.
- CSIRO Data Access Portal (DAP) – Access to RV Investigator End of Voyage Data for identified voyage participants and MNF support personnel.
- Marine National Facility – MNF web page with access to details of the schedules, policies, vessel equipment and capabilities.