Catalysis & Membranes
CSIRO Manufacturing provides complete solutions for industry through our expertise in environmental catalysis, as well as membrane materials and process development. We provide a fully integrated service including R&D, process development and pilot-scale manufacture.
New, customised materials and processes can help manufacturers lessen their environmental impact, lower cost and enhance performance. We possess extensive experience and capabilities in advanced material synthesis, catalyst and membrane characterisation and testing. Our expertise has seen us work alongside the mining and minerals, water treatment, textile, pulp and paper, dairy, chemical and energy sectors internationally. We have the experience, expertise and equipment to advise on everything from evaluating and optimising existing catalysts and membranes, to developing entirely new technologies for industry.
Testing, characterisation and fabrication
Our facilities include:
• Lab-scale membrane testing, including microfiltration (MF), ultrafiltration (UF), nanofiltration (NF) and reverse osmosis (RO), pervaporation (PV), membrane distillation (MD) and forward osmosis (FO).
• Catalyst and membrane characterisation such as BET, TPR/TPD, Porosimeter, TOC/COD, UV-Vis, GC/GCMS, FTIR, NMR, and SEM.
• Catalyst fabrication with reliable, cost-effective and customisable flow chemistry
• Simulated industrial flue gas reactor system
• Customisable flat sheet and hollow fibre membrane fabrication
• Membrane module assembly
What we do