Open Student Internship Opportunity in Machine Learning for Activity Classification
Graph/Distributed Learning for Activity Classification
The research project’s goal is to design, implement and evaluate new graph/distributed learning algorithms to improve the performance of activity classification through sensory data stream from multiple subjects.
The role broadly includes collaboration on scientific activities with CSIRO research staff, providing assistance with detailed project planning, undertaking or assisting with background literature review, experimental and observational work, and in carrying out practical aspects of the work.
The activities and key result areas include:
- communicate effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- work collaboratively with colleagues within your team, the business unit and across CSIRO, to reach project objectives.
- provide instruction and assist other staff to complete allocated tasks and activities, as required
- adapt and/or develop original experimental methods/equipment/software/concepts/ ideas in support of existing and further research.
- adhere to the spirit and practice of CSIRO’s Values, Health, Safety and Environment plans and policies, Diversity initiatives and Zero Harm goals.
The candidate should hold a Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related area. Experience with machine learning is highly preferrable.
6 months starting whenever ready
CSIRO QCAT (Pullenvale)
Expression of Interests:
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org