- Shabnam Kasra Kermanshahi, Shi-Feng Sun, Joseph K. Liu, Ron Steinfeld, Surya Nepal, Wang Fat Lau,and Man Ho Au, “Geometric range search on encrypted data with Forward/Backward security” IEEE TRANSACTION ON DEPENDABLE AND SECURE COMPUTING (TDSC).. (IF 6.404). The highly cited journal paper in security.
- Salma Abdalla Hamad ; Quan Z. Sheng ; Wei Emma Zhang ; Surya Nepal. Realizing an Internet of Secure Things: A Survey on Issues and Enabling Technologies. IEEE Communications Survey and Tutorials. (IF 22.973). This is a high impact factor journal and the paper describes the challenges in securing Internet of Things.
- Hui Cui ; Zhiguo Wan ; Xinlei Wei ; Surya Nepal ; Xun Yi “Pay as You Decrypt: Decryption Oursoucing for Functional Encryption Using Blockchain. IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security (TIFS) (IF 6.211). High impact journal paper in security.
- Tingmin Wu, Rongjunchen Zhang, Wanlun Ma, Sheng Wen, Xin Xia, Cecile Paris, Surya Nepal, Yang Xiang. What risk? I don’t understand. An Empirical Study on Users’ Understanding of the Terms Used in Security Texts. 15th ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM ASIACCS 2020). The paper is about human-centric security, and has attracted industry interest. This is a collaboration of security and NLP groups within Data61. One of the highly rated security conference.
- Sharif Abuadbba, Kyuyeon Kim, Minki Kim, Chandra Thapa, Seyit A. Camtepe, Yansong Gao, Hyoungshick Kim, Surya Nepal, ‘Can We Use Split Learning on 1D CNN Models for Privacy Preserving Training?’, The 15th ACM ASIA Conference on Computer and Communications Security (ACM ASIACCS 2020), Taipei, Taiwan, from June 1st to June 5th, 2020
- Jagriti Jalal, Mayank Singh, Arindam Pal, Lipika Dey and Animesh Mukherjee, Identification, Tracking and Impact: Understanding the trade secret of catchphrases, ACM/IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries (JCDL 2020)
- We are excited to launch the AUTOMATING IDENTITY AND ACCESS MANAGEMENT (IAM) project in collaboration with the Cyber Security CRC. The team will solve the lack of dynamic, efficient and adaptive management of identity and minimum required access privileges in an entreprise ICT system. After understanding and modelling the security landscape (roles and policies) and the resource usage patterns we will detect user characteristics, dynamically recommend and assign access privileges, detect and assess risky and anomalous behaviours. The goal is to provide our client with a transferable and dynamic application to help them achieve their goal. For more information: https://research.csiro.au/distributed-systems-security/automated/
- As part of our ongoing DST – Data61 collaboration, Surya Nepal, Mohan Baruwal Chhetri and Anton Uzunov are co-organizing a workshop on cyber resilience/antifragility (CyRA 2020) in conjunction with ACSOS 2020 (ACSOS is a merger of two leading conference series in autonomic/self-adaptive computing). The workshop website is:
- Josef Pieprzyk delivered a keynote at the Mathematical Cryptology and Cybersecurity Conference MC&C 2020, Warsaw, January 16-17, 2020 –https://www.imk.wat.edu.pl/index.php/mcc2020, titled ‘Parallel Signcryption’ (January 16, Session 2).
- Josef Pieprzyk, talk on ‘Concurrent Encryption and Authentication’, Strategic Centre for Research in Privacy-Preserving Technologies & Systems, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, February 28, 2020
- Sushmita Ruj spoke at the discussion meeting “Foundational aspects of Blockchain Technology” at the International Center For Theoretical Sciences, Bangalore during January 13-15, 2019, https://www.icts.res.in/discussion-meeting/fabt2020.
- 10 internship students from ECU, USYD, UNSW, Macquarie and CSU universities started at Data61 and are co-supervised by DSS group members. Their output will contribute to various Cybersecurity CRC projects such as Smart Shield.
- 2 of our students have been selected to present posters at the upcoming Cybersecurity CRC symposium.
- Several of our students submitted their PhD thesis these past weeks including Hagen Lauer, Nicholas Akinyokun and Muhammed Esgin, Shangqi Lai and Junyang Qiu.