Welcome to the Taste & Learn™ for Early Years program!
Long day care centres are ideally placed to help increase children’s vegetable intake.
Long day care centres can be supported to:
- Provide more vegetables in snacks and meals
- Create supportive mealtime environments
- Improve children’s familiarity with vegetables through play and learning experiences.
Taste & Learn™ for Early Years is an evidence-based program supporting educators in Long Day Care. It aims to increase children’s vegetable enjoyment and willingness to eat vegetables.
Taste & Learn™ for Early Years is designed and written by leading experts, including research scientists, nutritionists and educators.
About Taste & Learn™ for Early Years
- An 8-week structured program for children aged 2-5 years
- Includes 16 teaching sessions approx. 20 minutes each, delivered twice weekly
- Includes 16 snack time activities approx. 10 minutes each, delivered twice weekly
- All activity components contribute to a number of National Quality Standards (NQS), Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and developmental skills.
Download the resources
- The Taste & Learn™ for Early Years resource is developed in the VegKIT Project. VegKIT research has indicated that long day care centres can increase vegetable enjoyment and acceptance when Taste & Learn™ for Early Years is used in conjunction with HEAS online staff training modules. Training for the early childhood sector | Healthy Eating Advisory Service
- Visit Taste & Learn™ (csiro.au) for Taste & Learn™ in primary schools
- Visit www.vegkit.com.au for more resources and tools to increase children’s vegetable consumption in a variety of settings