The success and efficiency of Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock industries are built upon the quality and performance of their animals.
Farmers are continually striving to improve the productivity, meat and wool quality and reproductive quality of their herds.
However, the pressure is now really on farm businesses to even further improve efficiencies in water and nutrient use and environmental impacts, and demonstrate good animal welfare practices. All this with heightened volatility in markets, input costs and the climate, and complexity in the business operating environment
Our guiding principles
- We work at the Global scale to deliver impact for industry, regulators and governments through deep relationships encompassing the CSIRO values
- We are trusted advisers for Livestock R&D, and operate with integrity to undertake excellent science
- We are thought leaders and agents for transformation of Livestock practices
- We utilise world class Livestock R&D facilities
- We offer rewarding careers and are a magnet for science talent
Please contact one of our team members to find out more about us and what we can do for your livestock operation.