More than half of Australia’s population live with pain and discomfort caused by gut issues.
Often under-diagnosed and untreated, gut health issues can lead to chronic conditions and have a huge impact on quality of life. The key to good health is having a healthy gut.
Increased Intestinal Permeability (‘Leaky Gut’) occurs when the cells lining the gut become damaged, resulting in larger particles of undigested food, bacterial toxins and germs entering the blood stream causing inflammation and irritation. This can manifest in symptoms from anxiety to abdominal pain, diarrhoea, migraine, mood swings and lowered immunity.
If you’re experiencing pain or discomfort, take our test to find out how healthy your gut is!
Accurate and reliable measure of gut health.
We have developed an industry leading test for leaky gut which is easy and fast. Our simple test can measure the severity of leaky gut, enabling doctors, dietitians, naturopaths and other wellness advisors to provide the advice needed to begin the healing process.
Quicker testing and quicker results lead to improved health and enhanced quality of life.
Early detection of leaky gut can prevent chronic disease in later life.
How can I take the test?
The test is available at the CSIRO Nutrition and Health Research Clinic in Adelaide.
- Read the patient information sheet. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
- Take the referral form to your GP and discuss your options. Your GP is able to complete the referral form for your test. You may wish to take a copy of the patient information sheet with you.
- Call the CSIRO clinic (1800 850 036) to make an appointment. Bring your referral form with you to the appointment. Payment is required on the day of the test.
- Do not consume any food or drink (water only) for 10 hours before your appointment.
- When you arrive in the clinic, you will consume a small drink. You need to wait 90 minutes for the solution to be absorbed by the body. You might like to bring some quiet entertainment to your appointment.
- After 90 minutes the nurse will collect a small amount of blood from you
- The results will be sent to your referring health professional. Discuss your results and ongoing management with your doctor or a dietitian.
Keen to be involved with GutHealthCo?
Contact us to find out how we can work together.
Want to know more?
Register here to request more information.