The C3 exists to increase the efficiency of protein crystallisation. We serve the Australian structural biology community (from undergrads to directors), and leverage the experience gained from providing this service to develop new methods and techniques. It is Australia’s only full service protein crystallisation facility, providing a full suite of online software which maximizes user accessibility.
What we do:
Set up the crystallisation experiments that you design – screening, optimisation and stability experiments.
What you do:
Use the extensive suite of tools available to design experiments, view experiments and interpret the results. The crystallisation trials set up for you can be collected and used for further experiments
The C3 is designed to give researchers access to cutting edge crystallisation technology. The users of C3 must design experiments and analyse the results for themselves. If you require more help (e.g. with production of sample, crystallisation strategies, X-ray data collection and structure solution) then talk to us about collaborative projects.
Over 200 research projects from more than 25 groups around Australia and New Zealand currently access C3:
- Expertise: We provide leading expertise and world class methods to our clients
- State of the Art: As our client, you benefit directly from our implementation of cutting edge technology
- Full Service: Book your experiment, drop off your sample & wait for the result – the rest is done by us
- Strength In Numbers: We have completed millions of unique crystallisation experiments
- Development: With your feedback, we review and optimize our methods
- Quality Assurance: To give you peace of mind, the C3 is an ISO certified R&D testing laboratory
- Efficient: To reach your outcome rapidly, our core systems operate 24 / 7 / 365
- Cost Effective: At least 50% less cost than doing manual in house experiments
Who supports the C3 and what are our community links?
- Our initial funding was provided by the State Government via Biomedical Research Victoria
- We operate within the CSIRO Manufacturing Flagship (Biomedical)
- We are part of the Victorian Platform Technologies Network (VPTN)
- There are strong synergies between C3 and the Australian Synchrotron
- We are founding members of the XDX Ontology Consortium