CSIRO invites STEM professionals to join #WithSTEMYouCan
We invite you to share your STEM stories. By sharing your STEM career story or what STEM skills have enabled you to do, you can showcase the exciting work that’s happening across the fields of science, technology, engineering and maths.
Parents play an essential role in nurturing their children’s curiosity in STEM by discussing and exposing them to where STEM concepts can be seen outside of school, and supporting them to explore career paths that benefit from STEM skills and qualifications (hint – it’s most of them!).
But parents are not the only ones who can support young people in STEM. Industry can offer work experience, mentorship and site visits to showcase their work and provide students with a glimpse into what STEM could look like outside the classroom.
By doing this, businesses are not only investing in their future workforce but are supporting students to explore careers in related STEM fields.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign a video consent form.
- Use this link to submit a ‘With STEM I Can’ video – why not even SHOW us how you use STEM day-to-day! When you’re filming, please make sure to leave a third at the bottom as this is where your name/job title caption will go.
- Reshare campaign content on social media using the hashtags #WithSTEMYouCan.
- Encourage your colleagues and fellow STEM professionals to get involved!
- Share details about a STEM event you’re hosting (if applicable)
Let’s inspire the next generation of scientists, engineers, innovators, leaders and game changers.