– Undergraduate Industrial Internship or Thesis Projects
The Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group offers you the opportunity to complete your work placement or thesis project alongside leading scientists and learn from the best while building long-lasting professional networks.
Bring to life what you’re learning in your degree in a real-world environment and rub shoulders with some of the greatest scientific minds that our country has to offer!
Here’s what you need to know
Industrial internships provide an opportunity for undergraduate students required to complete a placement or thesis project as a component of their tertiary study to immerse themselves in an innovative environment to gain valuable skills and experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
Placements are usually for 3-6 months and available across a range of research areas. The number of placement opportunities varies each year and is based on projects on offer at the time of application.
For inquiries, please contact us.
What our industrial internship can offer you
Immersing yourself in CSIRO while completing your study not only provides you with access to our leading scientists and mentors, your placement also provides you with real-life experience working in your area of interest while completing a compulsory component of your tertiary study.
Current projects and open positions
- Generating bespoke robot components
- Deep Learning For Robotics
- Automated Dataset Collection via Artificial Curiosity
- Collision Randomisations for Sim2Real
- Explore the design space of self-assembling milimetre-scale robots
- Unwrapping slicer software – for printing fibrous structures
- Six-axis printing – to enable CNC layup of whole robot structures
- Visual closed loop printing – for complex multi-material structures