– PhD Projects
The Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group is always looking for new PhD students.
Here’s what you need to know
As PhD projects need to be tailored to the student and supervisor’s combined interests and matched to our Group’s strategic objectives. Visit our team’s page for an indication of who to contacts for specific areas of interest.
PhD students in Australia are generally funded by government or university scholarships.
Occasionally we receive funding for specific projects, which will be listed on this page.
The actual application is done through the relevant partner universities (for the base scholarships) and Data61 (for Data61 scholarships), details of our scholarship program can be found here.
In the first instance, please contact us via this form directing your inquiry to the contact for your area of interest.
What our projects can offer you
Immersing yourself in CSIRO while completing your study not only provides you with access to our leading scientists and mentors, your placement also provides you with real-life experience working in your area of interest while completing a compulsory component of your study.
Current projects and open positions
- Designing soft robots by designing their materials
- Driverless off-road vehicles
- Hyperspectral Deep Learning-Funded PhD opening
- Deep SLAM – Funded PhD opening
- Self-Supervised Learning for 3D Multimodal Perception – Funded PhD opening
- Traversability for robust 3D navigation – Funded PhD opening
- Funded PhD Internship
- PhD Top-up in Soft Underwater Robotics
For inquiries, please contact us.