– Masters Research Internship or Thesis Projects
The Robotics and Autonomous Systems Group offers research internships for highly-motivated MSc level students who want to get hands-on with the latest technology.
Here’s what you need to know
We have research projects with a minimum duration of 5 months, with project specifics and duration to be defined between the student and the CSIRO supervisor.
Projects are valid for your industrial internships, MSc Thesis, or both (your choice). There are significant opportunities for publication in top-tier conferences and journals.
CSIRO may provide a stipend for living costs, an amazing research opportunity in a world-class research team. We also have fruitful research relationships with many universities, and there will typically be 4-5 other students undertaking similar projects in our lab.
What our research internship can offer you
Immersing yourself in CSIRO while completing your study not only provides you with access to our leading scientists and mentors, your placement also provides you with real-life experience working in your area of interest while completing a compulsory component of your study.
Current projects and open positions
- Closed-loop control for a soft robot
- Generating bespoke robot components
- Driverless off-road vehicles
- Deep Learning For Robotics
- Funded Masters Internship
- Automated Dataset Collection via Artificial Curiosity
- Collision Randomisations for Sim2Real
- Explore the design space of self-assembling milimetre-scale robots
- Unwrapping slicer software – for printing fibrous structures
- Six-axis printing – to enable CNC layup of whole robot structures
- Visual closed loop printing – for complex multi-material structures
For inquiries, please contact us.