CSIRO’s research experience
of Managed Aquifer Recharge (RAG)
Research and development on Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) issues has been one of the most relevant contributions to the development of MAR in Australia, through collaborative projects with other Commonwealth agencies, state and local governments, water, private industry and education providers.
CSIRO’s research was fundamental for the development of the “Australian MAR Guidelines”, which are the guidelines that support the work created in Chile, and that in Australia are part of the National Water Quality Management Strategy.
CSIRO’s role in MAR research and projects includes:
- Project research and testing sites
- Development of risk assessment procedures
- Development of regulatory guidelines for the RAG
- Provide information about the RAG
- Providing expert review and guidance on RAG operations.
Learn more in the following links: