CyberPhysical Systems Research Program
phone: +61 2 9490 5585
My Resume (PDF)
I am a PhD student in the department of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunication at UNSW and Data61|CSIRO, Australia. My PhD advisor is Prof. Mohamed Ali (Dali) Kaafar. I am interested in analysis of malware and data-driven investigation of privacy and security issues in the Web and mobile platforms.
- 12/2017: WWW’18 accepts paper on Web data obfuscation, great job team: Rahat, Dinusha, and Dali
- 09/2017: IEEE NCA accepts paper on mobile Ad-Blocking apps
- 07/2017: Attended PETS’17 and presented the paper: Ikram et al., “Towards Seamless Tracking-Free Web: Improved Detection of Trackers“, [Watch]
- 07/2017: Attended SOUPS’17 and presented the paper: Conway et al., “A Qualitative Investigation of Bank Employee Experiences of Information Security and Phishing”
- 06/2017: ACM Transaction on Privacy and Security (TOPS) accepts paper on characterization and detection of Facebook Like Farms
- 03/2017: eCrime’17 accepts paper on black-hat marketplaces
- 08/2016: PRSS conference travel fund from UNSW. Thanks UNSW!
- 08/2016: PETS’17 accepts paper on tracking-free Web browsing
- 07/2016: ACM IMC accepts paper on security and privacy risks analysis of VPN-enabled Android apps
- 10/2015: ACM student travel grant to attend ACM IMC’15 in Tokyo, Japan. Thanks ACM IMC!
Publications (Complete List on Google Scholar)
- Rahat Masood, Dinusha Vatsalan, Muhammad Ikram and Dali Kaafar, “Incognito: A Method for Obfuscating Web Data”, World Wide Web (WWW), 2018.
- Muhammad Ikram, Lucky Onwuzurike, Shehroze Farooqi, Emiliano De Cristofaro, Arik Friedman, Guillaume Jourjon, Mohammad Ali Kaafar, Zubair Shafiq, “Measuring, Characterizing, Detecting Facebook Like Farms“, ACM Transaction on Privacy and Security (TOPS), 2017.
- Shehroze Farooqi, Muhammad Ikram, Emiliano De Cristofaro, Arik Friedman, Guillaume Jourjon, Mohammad Ali Kaafar, Fareed Zafar, Zubair Shafiq, “Characterizing Key Stakeholders in an Online Black-Hat Marketplace“, in IEEE eCrime Research Summit, 2017.
- Muhammad Ikram, Narseo Vallina-Rodriguez, Suranga Seneviratne, Mohamed Ali Kaafar, Vern Paxson, “An analysis of the Privacy and Security Risks of Android VPN Permission-enabled Apps“, in ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Conference (IMC), 2016. (Full Paper) [Slides]. Media Coverage (complete list): EFF, ITWire, Slashdot, Security Week, ABC News, TheRegister, Technology Decisions, SHM, …
- Shehroze Farooqi, Muhammad Ikram, Gohar Irfan, Emiliano De Cristofaro, Arik Friedman, Guillaume Jourjon, Mohamed Ali Kaafar, M Zubair Shafiq, Fareed Zaffar, “Characterizing Seller-Driven Black-Hat Marketplaces“, arXiv:1505.01637, 2015.
- External reviewer: ACM IMC, PETS, AsiaCCS, WoWMoM, TPDS, ICC