The general objective of the project is to contribute to the development of an integrated management plan for the water resources of the Rapel River Basin, based on the renowned Australian experience and knowledge in this area. In order to achieve a valid and socially legitimate plan and therefore one that is sustainable and effective, it must be built based on a continuous participatory process with the presence of key stakeholders within the river basin. The participants will represent a broad variety of activities, sectors and economic, social and environmental interests, including actors of the public and private sectors, and both consumers and non-consumers of the water resources
- Implement a continuous participatory process with the key stakeholders of the river basin to guide the activities of the project, so that is can gain validity and social legitimacy.
- Define a shared preliminary vision for the future of the basin in the medium and long term (2030 and 2050).
- Evaluate the existing information systems of the water resources and the rest of the socio-ecological system present in the basin (industry, population, ecosystems, etc.).
- Participatory design of the necessary activities to develop the management tools required for the integrated management of the Rapel River Basin during stage 2 of the project.
- Gathering resources for the development of Stage 2 of the project.