We continuously publish our work in peer-reviewed journals. Our research features in high impact journals including Nature, The Lancet, Nature Climate Change, Nature Sustainability, PNAS and Global Change Biology. Here are links to some recent key publications:
- Herrero et al. (2020) Innovation can accelerate the transition towards a sustainable food system. Nature Food 1, 266–272.
- Herrero and Thornton (2020) What can COVID-19 teach us about responding to climate change? The Lancet Planetary Health 5, E174.
- Kinyoki et al. (2020) Mapping local patterns of childhood overweight and wasting in low- and middle-income countries between 2000 and 2017. Nature Medicine. DOI:10.1038/s41591-020-0807-6.
- Mason-D’Croz et al. (2020) Modelling the Global Consequences of a Major African Swine Fever Outbreak in China’s Pig Population. Nature Food 1, 221–228.
- Mehrabi et al. (2020) Livestock policy for sustainable development. Nature Food 1, 160–165.
- Rosenzweig et al. (2020) Climate change responses benefit from a global food system approach. Nature Food 1, 94–97.
- Di Marco et al. (2020) Sustainable development must account for pandemic risk. PNAS. Opinion article. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.2001655117.
- Local Burden of Disease Child Growth Failure Collaborators (2020) Mapping child growth failure across low- and middle- income countries. Nature 577, 231–234.
- Arneth et al. (2019) IPCC Special Report on Climate Change, Desertification, Land Degradation, Sustainable Land Management, Food Security, and Greenhouse gas fluxes in Terrestrial Ecosystems: Summary for Policymakers. IPCC.
- Mbow et al. (2019) Chapter 5: Food Security In IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems. IPCC.
Our publications can be found on the CSIRO Research Publications Repository. Find our publications by searching for any of our team members as authors. No login is required. Here are links to recent publications by research area:
Solutions for Global Change
- Frija et al. (2020) Agricultural growth and employment in Africa: Future perspectives under different research and development investment scenarios. Global Food Security 24, 100353.
- Hinz et al. (2020) Agricultural Development and Land-Use Change in India: A Scenario Analysis of Trade-Offs Between UN Sustainable Development Goals. Earth’s Future 8(2), e2019EF001287.
- Kalkuhl et al. (2020) Land Tenure, Climate and Risk Management. Ecological Economics 171(10): 106573.
Nutrition and Health
- Medina Hidalgo et al. (2020) Sustaining healthy diets in times of change: linking climate hazards, food systems and nutrition security in rural communities of the Fiji Islands. Regional Environmental Change 20, 73.
- Mason-D’Croz et al. (2019) Gaps between fruit and vegetable production, demand, and recommended consumption at global and national levels: an integrated modelling study. The Lancet Planetary Health 3(7), e318-e329.
- Beach et al. (2019) Combining the effects of increased atmospheric carbon dioxide on protein, iron, and zinc availability and projected climate change on global diets: a modelling study. The Lancet Planetary Health 3(7) e307-e317.
Sustainable Livestock Systems
- Godde et al. (2020) Global rangeland production systems and livelihoods at threat under climate change and variability. Environmental Research Letters.
- Godde et al. (2020) Carbon sequestration in grazing systems: managing expectations. Climatic Change 1-7.
- McDonald et al. (2019) The Integrated Analysis Tool (IAT) – A model for the evaluation of crop-livestock and socio-economic interventions in smallholder farming systems. Agricultural Systems 176, 102659.
Farming, Livelihoods and the Environment
- McDonald et al. (2019) Enhancing the impact and sustainability of development strategies with smallholder farmers: participatory engagement, whole farm modelling and farmer-led on-farm research. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, 17(6), 445-457.
- Fraval et al. (2019) Food access deficiencies in sub-Saharan Africa: prevalence and implications for agricultural interventions. Frontiers in Sustainable Food Systems.
- Mason-D’Croz et al. (2019) Agricultural investments and hunger in Africa modeling potential contributions to SDG2 – Zero Hunger. World Development 116, 38-53.
Agri-Food System Innovation
- Banerjee et al. (2019) Emerging research practice for impact in the CGIAR: The case of Index-Based Livestock Insurance (IBLI). Outlook on Agriculture, 1-13.
- Hall and Dijkman (2019) Public Agricultural Research in an Era of Transformation: The Challenge of Agri-Food System Innovation. Rome and Canberra: CGIAR Independent Science and Partnership Council (ISPC) Secretariat and Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), IX-67.
- Kelly (ed) (2019) Public Agricultural Research and Development in an Era of Transformation: The Challenge of Agri-Food System Innovation. Resource Document I: Case studies. CGIAR Independent Science and Partnership Council (ISPC) Secretariat and Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), 1-134.