Research for better food systems, better health, and a better planet
CSIRO’s Global Food and Nutrition Security group are a multi disciplinary team of systems specialists that partner to deliver agricultural outcomes for improved global food and nutrition security.
Framed by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals we collaborate to build more efficient and effective food systems through improved agricultural productivity, diversification, and resilience.
Our approach is to:
- Deliver research to improve productivity, sustainability and profitability of smallholder agricultural systems
- Partner with global agribusiness and policy for sustainable and adaptive agricultural food systems
- Contribute to key international research for development and policy platforms that underpin sustainable agricultural systems and facilitate adaption to global change
- Maximise opportunities for Australian agriculture and food sectors in a changing global food system
- Improve and articulate how we measure and achieve impact