R package to facilitate extracting and visualising eReefs model output data
An R package has been created to help R users to access and visualise eReefs marine model outputs directly from NCI servers. The package contains a few useful functions to make accessing eReefs and other CSIRO-EMS output files easier, and is available through https://github.com/AIMS/ereefs. Example use-cases include:
- Extracting time-series of simulated water quality at your monitoring stations, to use together with observational data.
- Visualising a recent event in your area as an animated map.
- Extracting simulated data along a specified transect, such as a ship track.
- Extracting a vertical profile at a specified location and time.
- Extracting a vertical slice at a specified location and time.
Copy and paste the following three lines into R (you can skip the first line if you already have devtools):
Note that the package does not work with the CRAN version of the ncdf4 package for Windows, as it is compiled without support for OPeNDAP-served netcdf files. You will need the mdsumner version as above. If you have this version installed, you will still see a warning from several functions, but they should work correctly so you can ignore the warning.
Linux or MacOS
Copy and paste the following two lines into R (you can skip the first line if you already have devtools):
Functions to extract time-series from eReefs netcdf files