The C3 set is 768 (8 x 96) unique crystallisation conditions grouped together based on chemical similarity. If you’ve got plenty of protein, and have a variation to try (seeding, co-factor, digested, different concentration) then you can set up 1536 unique crystallisation experiments using this set.
You need to be sure about the concentration of your protein, as a thousand perfectly clear or heavy precipitate drops makes for a depressing inspection schedule. Each screen is available discreetly, and we’ve found them useful if there is a broad class of chemicals that your protein appears to like. For a comprehensive list of the crystallants in each screen, use the C6 webtool.
- C3_1 Low MW PEG. Diverse buffers, pH range and varied salts
- C3_2 Low-Mid MW PEG. Diverse buffers, pH range and varied salts
- C3_3 PEG 3350 and 4000. Diverse buffers, pH range and varied salts
- C3_4 Mid-High MW PEG. Diverse buffers, pH range and salts
- C3_5 Salty: Chloride, acetate, sulfate, formate and phosphate anions.
- C3_6 Salty: Ammonium sulfate, magnesium sulfate, lithium sulfate & trisodium citrate.
- C3_7 Organics: MPD, ‘small’ branched polymers, hexanediol.
- C3_8 Organics: Alcohols.